Welcome

Hello and welcome to Blue House Studio's blog. Keep up to date on the goings on in my world of art and teaching! Also check out my art and photography that will be posted often!


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Corn, corn and more corn....oh and than there is school work and wedding photos!!!

So today we had inservice until 4 pm.  Lots of meetings we got to meet our new principal, my boss.  He seems like a great guy, very optimistic and grounded.  I think he will do a great job leading us this year!  So, I got home started in on the 3 gunny sacks of corn I had piled in my garage, soon my mother in law came by to help and than my sister in law and her daughters (to play with Monkey) and than her husband showed up.  We shucked and cut 200 ears of corn, added the butter and half and half, baked 4 double batches for 1 hour per pan and cooled.  I just finished bagging my 57th bag of corn!!!  Yes, 57.   8 bags of 5-6 cups and 49 bags of 2-3 cups!!!  And yes Karen Steffen, it is better than canned or frozen!!!!!!

So instead of working on school work I froze or "put up" corn, my husband better love me.  When done I finished a collage of Tyler and Sarah, the last I will do for the website, I will do more if they want more.  And its only 10:45 ( just figured out how to switch my time zone so its much later than the post says!!!!  Yes I will now do school work and no I won't be able to sleep tomorrow night because of the excitement of the 1st day of school!!!  So even though I have pictures of my butter soaked corn, I don't have them downloaded, so you get some great photos from the wedding and a baseball card!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment