Welcome

Hello and welcome to Blue House Studio's blog. Keep up to date on the goings on in my world of art and teaching! Also check out my art and photography that will be posted often!


Friday, March 9, 2012

365-Day 67 Ode to Dale Chihuly

For about 5 years I have been wanting a great Chihuly project.  I found one on Dick Blick and bought all of the materials and it failed- I even called Dick Blick for help- I have no idea what I did wrong, but it didn't work!

The other day I tons using recycled plastic bottles, and I found one using clear plastic glasses.  I decided to combined them!  The base of my sculpture is a used plastic water bottle cut and melted with my heat gun, the others are clear plastic cups that are actually left over from my wedding!!!  Crazy that I still had some, but they were packed away and I found them when we moved so I have been using them as water cups here at school.

A little sharpie marker, a little heat and some hot glue an I have my very own Chihuly sculpture!  Look out Drawing and Design!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment