Welcome

Hello and welcome to Blue House Studio's blog. Keep up to date on the goings on in my world of art and teaching! Also check out my art and photography that will be posted often!


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Its National Teacher Day!


Upon reading my colleagues blogs I thought I would post a little teaching post!  Some posted questions, some posted thank yous to their teachers they remember.  What am I going to post.......just some thoughts......I love teaching, I used to play it with my siblings and cousins when I was little.  I knew I wanted to be a teacher when I was in high school.  My art teacher was FABULOUS!!!!  I still talk to her all the time and I still see my elementary art teacher who is an amazing artist also!!!  Both need a website so I can reference it!  What I love about teaching is the kids and getting through to them, showing them how to love art when they didn't think they would.  I love seeing them grow as artists, love, love, love it!
What I don't love is when you are passionate about something and you see that taken away.  We are going through a strange time, teachers are getting pink slipped, good teachers, great teachers, WONDERFUL teachers and I hate it!  I hate, hate, hate it!  I hate that I don't know if my neighbor will be back next year or if she will be my neighbor!  I hate the fact that I am all upset because I might not be able to teach my baby, the photoshop class I developed, and she doesn't know if she has a job!  AHHHHH!  I hate I might loose my mentor because her husband was cut.  Who will I go talk to when I need to bounce project ideas off of or when I want an opinion on the painting I am doing.  Teachers are getting spread out a former students blogs asked why teachers can't grade paper quickly- when you teach 7 different classes with 25+ students in them..........well teachers are being spread thin..........
But, I love the kids, the friends, the laughs we share at lunch.........I love to see that hater of art turn into a lover of art who I can't keep out of the art room!!!!

So now that I am done babbling........Happy National Teachers Day.......thank you to all the wonderful teachers that I had in school and that I talk to EVERYDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment