Welcome

Hello and welcome to Blue House Studio's blog. Keep up to date on the goings on in my world of art and teaching! Also check out my art and photography that will be posted often!


Friday, February 25, 2011

New Challenge

So, you all know that I have a student teacher and she has taken over my classes, so I have been working on cleaning up things in my room etc.  This week was the week of letters of recommendation, fun fun!  Also, I ran across a new Challenge on Flickr, the Marcus Ranum Challenge.  You use an image picked from stock photos from Marcus Ranum and create something great.  So of course I decided to do this, I had to create a deviantart account to download photos which is fine, I like the website, I get tons of brushes and ideas from it.   Here is my link http://artteach13.deviantart.com/#.   I have posted the challenge photos in my classroom.  I think it is important for your students to know that you are still doing art, that you aren't just an art teacher!  I also think it is important to have the students see that you are also trying to grow as an artist!
So for my first challenge I decided to use my Urban Color in my MCP Details Actions.  Than, I used textures from Shadowhouse Creations and a variety of brushes on layer masks to create my image.  I didn't want to do a photo montage so I decided to go this route.  Enjoy and thank to Marcus Ranum for allowing people to use his stock photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment