Welcome

Hello and welcome to Blue House Studio's blog. Keep up to date on the goings on in my world of art and teaching! Also check out my art and photography that will be posted often!


Thursday, January 26, 2012

Assessing student art

I love teaching!  I hate grading!  Sometimes its not about an A or B, its about the process!!!!  Art is very subjective, so I have to make my objectives very clear when I start a project.   There is always a "check list" on the board on how to get an A!  When I had smaller classes I would give lots of written feedback, tons.  Now, I give lots of verbal feedback, which won't ever stop. 

This semester I have a great bunch of Drawing I kids, a bit talkative, but a great bunch.   I really want to push them, so even though I give them verbal feedback all the time I am going to give them written feedback with every project.  Just a quick little assessment on how they are doing.  A wow and a work harder on sheet.  I found it on Jessica Balsley's website (she has a free ebook, its geared more for elem. art but it works for HS too).  So I created a little not on Photoshop and thought I would share it with you to use! 


PS- Yesterday art is scanned at home sitting on my desktop......will post later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment